Saturday, December 28, 2013

Play Bad, Sit Down

In this article , I have an idea that EA Sports can use in the future. Playing college football games since 98', I have seen how much the college football series has changed and evolved into something great. As time moves passes by, these video games continue to evolve.  As I play, I am really in love with the NCAA Football 14 Road to Glory mode. The ability to receive offers on both sides of the field is great. In addition, I love how you have to earn your right to spot. Majority of freshmen that enter college football are not starters. The only way that happens is by earning it on the field.  It  is only right to add that realistic feature into the game. With that being said , there is one thing that I think could improve the game even more!
In some of my Road to Glory mode experiences, my player has had a spell of games in which the player did not play up to par. I believe that this feature/attribute could be added to the game.
My proposal to this game is to allow the player to first have performed as a starter at least  one year.  Then,  based on past performance,  if they play sub-par due to their past averages, for a span of 3-4 games , then you have to come in on the second half of one game.  If this were possible,  gamers would stay motivated to play well,  parallel to real life. This would allow gamers to realize that they need to step their game up if they want to be in the game.
As an aspiring programmer,  I was thinking of a way to possibly code this into a game. While this is a rough draft, this could be used as a start.  
" import java.util.*;
import javax.swing.*;


int playerYears;
double currentStats;
double playingAverage;
public class playBad {
if (currentStats <playingAverage)
return "Sorry son, but you are being benched for the first half."
"We need you to step up."  
} else {
return null;
} "

I feel that if the 'College Football' series are to continue,  this addition would enhance a great game to even higher heights! Even if college football video games were to discontinue,  a feature as such could be added.