Wednesday, July 10, 2013

NCAA Football 14: First Gameplay

   It's finally here: NCAA Football 14. For sports gamers, it's been the most anticipated game this year thus far for the '14 games. Offering new features for Dynasty mode, recruiting, atmosphere, and more, I must say that the game did not disappoint.
 
   The gameplay was very smooth. It was very easy to control the player in whichever way I wanted him to go. The cuts that the gamer now has the ability to is amazingly realistic.


 In NCAA Football 14,players can now cut from one direction to another on the dime.  After playing one time, I can see a MAJOR  upgrade in the way tackling was made. In NCAA Football 13, tackling would either be in two ways: you either tackle the opponent in a regular way, or they just get close-lined. In football, that's not always the case. There are high tackles, lower body tackles, and 'whatever it takes to get the player down' tackles. Throughout my game, I was able to hit my opponents up high, hard, and even twirl them down from the ankles. I was also able to hit them from the waist. That part of the game was great to see.
 
Another part of the game that I found interesting were the players' movements. From time to time, you would see players stumble or slip. This was a great feature to add into the game because like in real college football, players slip all of the time. I loved the way it was added because even though it's there,  it's not prevalent to the point where it disrupts the game. It won't be a feature that would make or break a game.

   Acceleration has become very important in the game. What I mean by that, is saying that if one player is faster than another, it will show. In the open field, the person with the ball will either separate from the defender or get tackled , depending on their speed.

From what I've seen thus far, this game seems to be very promising. As I enter the glory mode and the dynasty mode, I can only hope that the game will continue to impress.